All of us love movies, no matter how old or how new or what type all of us love movies. Why? Because movies are entertaining they give us a good story. Now there have been many car movies made, but which one is the best car movie? We will judge car movies based on the cars in the movie, the car scenes, and the racing.
10. Hot Rod Girl (1956) – I am not sure whether this movie was meant to be an anti-hot rodding movie or not. The plot isn’t much guys brother dies, the city wants to stop hot rodding and the kids still want to race. Since this is 1956 there has to be a chicken game right (it was a law in 50’s Hollywood). In the movie there are a few 32 Fords (actually a lot of 32 Fords), a 56 Chevy, a 56 Ford, 55 T-bird, and an Olds 88.
9. Death Proof (2007)- The first half of this movie maybe seem a bit boring, its mostly talking and just a bunch of girls drinking in a bar (not even a wild bar party, just a group of 3 girls drinking) but then it gets good, with a 71 Chevy Nova used as a weapon and later a car chase with a 69 Charger and a 70 Vanishing Point Challenger. The movie is meant to feel like a 70’s Slasher movie crossed with Vanishing Point. If you’re a Mopar guy check this one out!
8. Road Racers (1994)- This movie is called Road Racers however they is only one short race in the movie, and 2 Car Chases. The movie opens with a Car chase between a 56 Chevy being chased by the cops 56 Buick all to a badass Rockabilly song! There is greaser violence (not Grease greaser violence but like the Outsiders with a 90’s humor twist), there is great Rockabilly music from Glen Glenn, Hasil Adkins and Johnny Reno!
7. Thunder Road (1958) – Let me tell the story, I can tell it all… Actually let’s let Robert Mitchum tell you the story he can do it better. This movie starring Mitchum is about Running Moonshine in Tennessee in the 50’s and trying not to get caught be the revenuers. It has a number of crazy car chases featuring a 50 Ford Coupe, 57 Ford Fairlane, a 56 Chevy undercover car that can rip off cars bumpers and a song 123 movies about the movie performed by Mitchum himself!
6. Dazed and Confused (1993) – I’ve been Dazed and Confused for so long its not true! Which sadly that song is not in this movie (it was suppose to be and Jimmy Paige was for it but Plant wasn’t). This movie is kind of like the 70’s version of American Graffiti except it’s the first night of summer not the last and the main character is entering High School. Anyway they is a car chase between a 64 Buick and 72 Chevy Truck, there is a 70 Chevelle SS 454, 70 GTO Judge, Ford Maverick, 37 Oldsmobile and a 74 Trans Am!