Aerial lifts are an appropriate choice to make your work easier, especially talking of the construction sites. However, keeping the comfort aside, aerial lifts are also prone to a number of accidents that happen due to electrocutions, tip-over, collapses, and more such reasons. Therefore, the drivers and service providers should make sure that they follow certain tips to avoid mishaps.
• Service providers should ensure that the drivers provided by them are well trained. For this, they should promote driving classes so that the drivers know the tips for safe driving.
• Equipment for lifting weights should be used carefully, or else can result in mishaps.
• The mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic safety devices should never be overridden. Visit : https://vietnhat.net.vn/ban-nang-thuy-luc/ For this, one should always keep the manufacturer’s instructions in mind, and should not climb or sit on the edge or rails of the basket.
• Always ensure that the wheels of an elevated lift are on a concrete base. Do not exceed the load limit, which may in turn lead to the overturning of the vehicle.
• If you have to do any repair work, always ensure that the machine is free from any load.
Apart from these basic safety measures, there are other tips to be kept in mind while you are driving the vehicle. These are as mentioned below:
• Maintain a considerable distance with the other vehicles that are moving on the road. There may be chances when you may not be able to stop the vehicle when required, and so this would avoid you from hitting others.
• Give clear indicators and horn before you turn. See that there are no moving or parked vehicles in your way.
• Maintain good distance from the overhead line which is near to you.
• Take extra care while you are driving on an elevated platform. Here the speed needs to be raised along with maintaining distance from the others. Thus, see that you do it properly.
• Always ensure that the load has been put properly over the machine, and that there are no chances for it to fall off. This may injure you as well as other people on the road.
• See that your vehicle is not carrying more people than it can. Being the driver, this can distract you to an extent and hence may lead to accidents.
• Do not allow the workers to sit or stand between the overhead hazards like beams joists, and the rails of the basket. Any movement with the basket could trap the workers and they can get crushed between the overhead object and the rails.
• Be extra careful while you are dealing with speed breakers on the road. These can misbalance the complete vehicle and the load too.
• Workers should not be allowed to belt off to an adjacent pole.